Thursday, September 10, 2009

Beijing, anyone?

Does anyone read this anymore? I think we may have killed the blog by being blocked for so long. But hey, what can ya do?

We might be traveling to Beijing in October! We're trying to get the trip figured out (which mainly means, how can we do it dirt cheap?). We'd be going with our two good friends here, Jarvis and Larissa. A couples' trip to Beijing definitely sounds like fun to me. We'd take an overnight sleeper train round trip, and stay in hostels in the city. Visit all the tourist traps... the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, all that. Oh, and definitely eat us some Peking duck! We'll see. It's in the beginning stages. And traveling during the October holiday (Oct 1-7th) is a NIGHTMARE in China. Pretty much everyone gets the week off. That's a lot of people. So streets, trains, taxis, planes, busses... they are all packed (even more than Chinese stuff usually is). It'd be an experience, huh?

In other news, we recieved a care package today from family. I've never been so happy to see dryer sheets, deoderant, american gum, and KRAFT MAC & CHEESE!

Yeah, we've already torn into our Razzles. Thank you, McDonalds and Shaheens. You've sent smiles all the way across the world :)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I checked your blog again! I hadn't checked it for a while because it was always down! I am thrilled to be able to communicate again! It is so good to hear from you! I knew that you were traveling and on vacation, and I strongly vote YES on the trip to Beijing! I hope you can make it! You can't go all the way to China and miss the Great wall or the Forbidden City!Too bad you can't post pictures. I loved the pics you used to psot on FB. Well I will definately check in on you two again! Love you much--Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete